poweremail-community team mailing list archive

Re: Transition of module code to Github

Hi All,

Fork me [1] on github [0] !!
-----------------------------------

Thanks for all your inputs and I am glad to inform you that I have created a repository on Github for Poweremail [1] and with the help of xrg it has been added to the buildbot [2] he maintains too.

Current merge proposals
----------------------------------

There are 3 active reviews/merge proposals [3] of which one from Sebastien Beau had been tested and confirmed by Jordi Esteve [4]. I have already merged this into the Github repository [5] but looks like launchpad has no way of marking a merge as done. If anyone knows how to do this please feel free to do so. Another merge proposal by Sebastien could be merged once somebody else also confirms it works fine and we could merge it the same way or Sebastien could fork and propose a pull request on Github. The third pull request has conflicts and hence cannot be merged, but nonetheless it is a very important contribution and allows people with accented/non ascci usernames to use poweremail.

Project management
-----------------------------
I have also changed the development focus branch to the 6.0 branch for poweremail. So users who do `bzr branch lp:poweremail` will now get the 6.0 branch instead of the 5.0 branch. I am also updating the project information on http://launchpad.net/poweremail about the details, bug tracker etc.

Another good news is we now have a wiki page on Github [6] and please feel free to contribute.
I have configured the Issue tracker on github also with a single milestone.

A quick road map
------------------------
The current code as such will be the mainstream development focus until i could put in a refactored branch. Hence I am marking the current branch as `0.7-maintenance` and the refactored version could be the dev focus. Also, each version of poweremail could be tagged [7].

Documentation
---------------------
The refactored version intents to have in-code documentation which could also be hosted in github on a gh-pages branch [8].

Oops! Does github do everything we need ?
I borrow answers from a lp blueprint: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/openstack-devel/+spec/move-to-github

Please let me know of any suggestions you may have.

Thanks,

Sharoon Thomas

[0] https://github.com/blog/273-github-ribbons
[1] Github Repository - https://github.com/openlabs/poweremail