poweremail-community team mailing list archive

Re: Transition of module code to Github

En/na Sharoon Thomas ha escrit:

Hello All

Its a long time since I have written to the poweremail community and I guess most of us in this community are active developers (rather than users). I have not been able to pay more attention to poweremail as I thought the project would not be significant after a part of it got merged into openerp-addons as email_template but from the bugs reported and personal emails I get, the project still seems to be relevant. A discussion with Sebastien of Akretion today further motivated to me write about the content of this email (I guess you have already guessed what it is from the subject).
Yes, the project is alive. And we are missing your useful comments/contributions for some time ;-)

I propose that we move the repository for active development from launchpad to github and only maintain a mirror in launchpad. I see that a lot of OpenERP development companies use github like camp to camp and Akretion. I feel Github will help us better track the bugs and also help us actively develop poweremail in a collaborative fashion. Please do update if you have any concerns about the same.

As Raimon has said before, we (zikzakmedia) feel comfortable using launchpad for the poweremail project. But we doesn't mind to change the platform if you think that using github will improve the development of poweremail. Maybe the current little improvements can be done in launchapd and the change to github could be scheduled when the refactoring of the code base that you plan is done.

--
Jordi Esteve
Consultor Zikzakmedia SL

Zikzakmedia SL