puredyne-team team mailing list archive

Re: how to commit?

On 14/06/10 21:10, enrike wrote:
hi all

Hey!

i am new to launchpad and i would like to commit some files to the py
folder in bouilloncube. I am used to svn but i dont know bazaar. I
downloaded a gui bazaar client (sorry i dont like to use command line
for this kind of stuff)

Hm, I prefer command line myself, quick howto using example as username:

1st step, add your ssh key(s) to launchpad so you can push:

https://launchpad.net/~example/+editsshkeys

2nd step, tell bzr your launchpad username:

bzr lp-login example

3rd step, code stuff:

bzr branch lp:bouilloncube
cd bouilloncube
nano my new files
bzr add my new files
bzr commit -m "these new files are awesome because X Y Z"
bzr push

Other useful commands to see what's up:

bzr status
bzr diff
bzr info

called Explorer which seems ok, I downloaded the
bouilloncube branch to develop. Then I added my files and commit but it
look like it does it locally.

Yes, bzr is a distributed version control system, so you can work offline commiting small changes as you work; which is a big advantage over svn..

I am wondering if i have to "push" in
order to upload my files...

Yes, 'push' is the command to send your local commits up to the parent repository.

I dont want to break anything, thats why i
am asking.

Don't worry - bzr maintains a history of changes, if you broke something it could always be fixed :)

thanks

Thanks, looking forward to trying it out!

enrike

Claude