puredyne-team team mailing list archive

Re: how to commit?

One of the things I found confusing in bzr (being a svn user mostly)
is that "svn commit" is kind of replaced by two separate steps, "bzr
commit" (to write the change to your local repos) and "bzr push" to
send it back upstream to where you got it from.

If you start by making a "lightweight checkout" rather than a normal
checkout then it becomes more svnlike, back to a single step. I found
that more familiar (though I know I'm skipping some of the
decentralised magic by doing it this way)

HTH
Dan