puredyne-team team mailing list archive

Re: location of some files

enrike said :
> lr., 2010.eko ekaren 19a 08:59(e)an, Aymeric Mansoux(e)k idatzi zuen:
> >enrike said :
> >>hi
> >>
> >>i am wondering which is the location of these files in latest
> >>puredyne. Or maybe they are not yet there in this last version?
> >
> >check in the broth repos, the chroot_local_include folder.
> >If they have been shipped with a CD they will be there.
> >

> >>grub-puredyne-911.cfg.in
> >>grub-puredyne-911.png
> >>puredyne-logo-desktop.png
> >>
> >>this last one in my system it it located in
> >>/usr/share/xfce4/backdrops/puredyne-logo-desktop.png
> >>
> >>For the GTK version of make-live-device I have been working in the
> >>boubillioncube/py/ folder where there is a copy of the grub
> >>configuration and the png. But now i am trying to create a app
> >>launcher in the XFCE desktop. I have placed the
> >>make-live-device-GTK.py script in near the make-live-device.sh in
> >>/usr/sbin and of courser I am getting errors because it is looking
> >>for those files there, but it cannot find them.
> >>
> >>i am wondering if I should copy them somewhere specifically in the
> >>system. I am just trying to reproduce the final situation in a
> >>normal liveCD or installed system.
> >
> >the grub config and splash should be distributed with your app, not
> >broth or Puredyne. Regarding  puredyne-logo-desktop.png, this should be
> >on the CD.
>
> do you mean i should aim to produce a .deb out of each of the GTK
> config tools?

not necessarily.
Eventually yes, but for now they can be pulled from a bzr hook when the
ISO is built, this is how make-live-device.sh is installed on the CD.

your tools could be installed the same way, including the config files
needed for that, as long as they are distributed with the python code,
which means that they should just be located in the same repos.

a.
--
http://su.kuri.mu