pyroom-team team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
Request for review of package branch
I tried using launchpad's builin feature to request a review of my
package branch. Before I could complete it, launchpad gave me an error.
Doesn't seem to work. So let's try the mailing list.
As some know, I'm working on making a setuptools package for pyroom. As
far as I can tell, it's complete now and it's been tested on my laptop
and a pristine virtual machine. Still, additional testing on other
machines should go into this before we merge that branch into trunk.
A few sidenotes:
- pyroom.py has been renamed to cmdline.py and a small wraller script
has been created. Use that to start pyroom without installing it
- python setup.py develop will install pyroom to your python
site-packages, using links to your pyroom source path (so you can use
it like it's installed without actually installing something readonly
for your normal system user
- python setup.py install will install pyroom while actually copying
the files to your site-packages dir
- both commands will install a small script to /usr/bin/pyroom
- dependency checking for PyGTK is quite hackish, should work though
Please test this branch for a while and report any bugs to me, having a
setuptools package faciliates distribution (CheeseShop, eggs,
distribution packages, etc) a lot.
Florian 'tiax' Heinle
Description: Digital signature