pyroom-team team mailing list archive

PyRoom 0.4 released

Good news, everyone!

We just released PyRoom 0.4, a new major release which comes with
quite a lot of changes!

PyRoom now comes in multiple languages! Other notable changes include

* recently used files are now remembered
* custom themes can be saved
* improved autosave
* optionally use GNOME default fonts
* new paragraphs can be indented automatically

For a complete list of changes, please see
http://launchpad.net/pyroom/0.4/0.4/+download/CHANGELOG

With PyRoom 0.4 we changed our release scheme a little. PyRoom 0.4
series will be limited to translation updates and bugfixes.
Development of new features will take place in trunk, which will
eventually be frozen and released as PyRoom 0.5.

If you plan to package PyRoom for your distribution, you might be
interested that:

* we dropped the dependency on gtksourceview. We now use gtk only for that
* we're shipping .po files of our translations only, but setup.py
builds .mo files, i.e. gettext is now a build dependency
* ability to use GNOME default fonts depends on availability of python
gconf bindings. It's not a hard dependency, but installation is highly
recommended

Thanks to all distribution packagers for their great work and to
everyone who helped with translating PyRoom!

You can find our release tarball on https://launchpad.net/pyroom/+download

On a sidenote: We're working on making PyRoom available for Windows, too!

If you have any questions, feel free to join us on IRC:
irc.freenode.net #pyroom or file a bug on
http://bugs.launchpad.net/pyroom

Cheers,

--
Florian 'tiax' Heinle