pytagsfs team mailing list archive

Re: pytagsfs image support

For long, I dream for a such tools for photo management, but I am not sure I
will have time for programming. As I spend too much time with my computer,
my girlfriend is not so happy with that...

The way we can add new support seems to be fine.

There is several standards for photo tagging: EXIF, IPTC and XMP.  All of
them are supported by eviv2. It may be interesting to know how several
software use these standards. So we can be compatible. Notice XMP seems to
be for all kind of files, not only for pictures.

There is python binding for exiv2 :
http://tilloy.net/dev/pyexiv2/overview.html  Managing tags appear to be
easy. Tutorial show something like that :

	import pyexiv2 	#exiv2 lib
	metadata = pyexiv2.ImageMetadata('test.jpg') 	#read
	metadata.write()		#write

Some question :
 - Where the base class metastore is defined ?
 - How (and where) pytagfs know which subclass has to be used, according to
file type ?

Program I downloaded has no comment. Where can I download a commented
version ?

Regards

Cyril