python-quantities-developers team mailing list archive

Re: timeline for eventual announcement

One random thing:

I started using the following decorator for passing along numpy doc strings:

def usedoc(new_method, doc_method, prefix = "", suffix ="" ):
    """
    This decorator gives the function the doc string of another method

    doc_method - the method from which to get the doc string
    prefix - a string to append to the front of the doc string
    suffix - a string to append to the beginning of the doc string
    """
    new_method.__doc__ = prefix + doc_method.__doc__ + suffix
    return new_method

use it as follows:
@usedoc(numpy.cumprod, suffix = "\n a must be dimensionless")
def cumprod (a , axis, dtype, out) :
 #   Return the cumulative product of elements along a given axis.
    return a.cumprod(axis, dtype, out)