python-quantities-developers team mailing list archive

Re: Temperature conversion bug and known issues

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 11:49 AM, Tony S Yu <tonyyu@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Jul 15, 2009, at 10:54 AM, Darren Dale wrote:
>
>> That's a good suggestion, Would you consider registering a branch and
>> merge request at launchpad?
>>

> I tried registering a branch. Unfortunately, the branch includes other
> changes I've made (i.e. not documentation related). I wasn't planning on
> including these changes in a proposed merge, but I don't know if there's a
> way to separate these from documentation changes. (I'm not really a
> developer and know very little about DVCS, so I may be doing something
> really wrong.)

Did you commit the changes you would like to merge seperately from your
other changes? If so, I think you could do something like the following.
Register a bug describing the documentation changes you would like to
implement, and then:

bzr branch lp: python-quantities quantities-bug12345
cd quantities-bug12345
bzr merge --preview -r 131:133

then you can inspect the changes that will be merged from commits 132 and
133 (I think 131 is excluded, but you should check). You can remove the
preview flag to actually perform the merge. Then run bzr commit, and push
your branch to launchpad. You can then link the bug with your branch and
file a merge request.

> In any case, I'm having trouble building the docs.
>
> On my first attempt to build, I got "Could not import extension
> only_directives" (which seems related to a Sphinx 0.6 problem you had with
> the ipython docs---I'm on Sphinx 0.6.2).
>
> To see if this was the only problem, I deleted 'only_directives' from the
> list of extensions in conf.py. This second attempt to build gave me
> "ClassNotFound: no lexer for alias u'ipython' found".
>
> I assumed this was related to the ipython sphinx extension, so I added
> 'ipython_console_highlighting' to the list of extensions. This third attempt
> gave me "AttributeError: BuildEnvironment instance has no attribute
> 'intersphinx_inventory'".
>
> Am I going about this all wrong?

Quantities uses the documentation utilities from numpy's documentation
effort, which had been updated. I think you should be able to pull from the
trunk and build the documentation now, let me know how it goes.

Darren