python-quantities-developers team mailing list archive

[Question #92541]: is chain transform possible ?

New question #92541 on python-quantities:
https://answers.launchpad.net/python-quantities/+question/92541

I was wondering if there's a better strategy to achieve the same

coordinates = [ 1.0, 2.0, 3.0] * angstrom
coordinates.units = meters
coordinates.magnitude.tolist()  # should be a list of values in meters.

I was thinking something alike

coordinates = [ 1.0, 2.0, 3.0] * angstrom
coordinates.tounit(meters).magnitude.tolist()

Maybe it's there but I just don't see it.

btw... I like your library. I switched away from unum because of the GPL license, the dreaded as keyword issue and because it was unmaintained for a long time. I'd like to help you with the development, but I am really overloaded way beyond human limit. However, I will probably issue bug reports as I am going to use quantities considerably in the next months. Keep up the good work, I really depend on your library for my project.

Python Quantities Development Team, which is an answer contact for
python-quantities.