New features in 0.2.2alpha1

Hello,

I just released a tarball from the future branch available at lp:~adamreichold/qpdfview/future as version 0.2.2alpha1. I am still waiting for those translations before releasing version 0.2.1 but nevertheless you can begin testing the new features scheduled for version 0.2.2. This includes a recently used menu, a transient bookmark mechanism reachable through the context menu of the document view or by keyboard, the option to refresh documents automatically when changed on disk and a presentation view. (You can also open links inside a document in a new tab by middle clicking.) (Does anyone ever encountered PDF with links to external PDF? I.e. not as an URL? I am still not sure whether it is sensible to worry about that feature.)

After talking with the developer of PdfViewer, I changed the deployment considerably. So the translations and fallback icons aren't packed into the binary anymore, but rather installed to "/usr/share/qpdfview". This also means that the program won't find those files without installation, e.g. if run directly from the source directory. (You can reactivate the Qt resource system from the project file qpdfview.pro if you want this back.)

I also added the stubs for a simple help file. If anyone feels like helping to write this, I would be very happy.

Hopefully the future branch doesn't contain a horrendously large number of bugs. Happy testing.

Regards, Adam.