[Question #219472]: Page preloading

New question #219472 on qpdfview:

Hello!
qpdfview is great, I really love it!

My question is: I often work with really heavy (read graphic intense) stuff (slides), with antialiasing my i7-3930k (not the slowest one on the market, just to say) can take up to a few seconds to render a slide.
I did set the cache size to 512 and enable prefetch, but still it feels like it is waiting for my click to show the next slide to compute the rendering, hence the slide change time can be of several seconds,
Is there a reason why the slide is not being precomputed?

At the same time, a multiple page overview can take some time to compute, and is usually computing only a few pages using only one processor. Is there any plan/option to have parallel computation of different pages, as well as precomputation of a whole document (at least until some memory limit is reached)?

Thanks!
Sam

qpdfview, which is an answer contact for qpdfview.