Re: [Question #234868]: Feature request: track instances

Adam Reichold proposed the following answer:
Hello Arnaud,

Thanks for taking the time to report this. As the instance name is used
to register the instance on D-Bus, it would complicate matters
considerably to make it changeable when the program is already running,
i.e. making instances switchable. But as a helper, I think that it could
suffice to display a small dialog box containing a list of possible
instances from which the user can then choose the desired instance or
abort? (E.g. accessible by a "--choose-instance" command-line option.)

What do you think? If you agree, I'd propose transforming this into a
wishlist bug and targeting it for milestone 0.4.6 since 0.4.5 is already
scheduled to be released next weekend and there is a lot of confusion
around the current change set as is. (Maybe Benjamin could help here, as
I currently don't have regular internet access.)

Best regards, Adam.

qpdfview, which is an answer contact for qpdfview.