Re: [Question #237323]: Video Embedding in PDF (external viewer)

Le Fri, 18 Oct 2013 13:26:17 -0000,
Adam Reichold <question237323@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> Question #237323 on qpdfview changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/qpdfview/+question/237323

> Adam Reichold proposed the following answer:
> Hello again,
>
> I implemented this by simply treating the execution link in the
> document as a link to any other URL (meaning the "open URL" settings
> need to be enabled which IMHO seems a sensible precaution) and
> resolving relative path w.r.t. the document file. I also created a
> wishlist bug to track further work on this feature. It is linked to a
> branch which should trigger the desired action. Please test and
> report your findings in the bug report.

Hi all,

I gave it a try.

It works with the (huge ;-) file provided by Christian but does not
work with some others.
For example, here
  http://pages.uoregon.edu/noeckel/PDFmovie.html
we can find some ways to include a movie in a pdf generated by latex.
This one can be opened with evince (I do not test anything else)
  http://pages.uoregon.edu/noeckel/computernotes/movieExample/movie.pdf
but fails with qpdfview.

bye,

--