Re: [Question #692410]: qpdfview not auto-focusing when openning a document

Mark posted a new comment:
Hi,

I have the same issue with Mate desktop/Marco Window Manager. Mate is
based on Gnome2.  I'm thinking maybe the activatewindow is not getting
handled correctly?

Here's what I did as a workaround.

1. I renamed the qpdfview binary to qpdfviewbin

2.I created a script called qpdfview containing the following.

#!/bin/bash -e
qpdfviewbin $1 $2
/usr/bin/xdotool search --name " - qpdfview" windowactivate

It seems to work nicely. Of course it'd be better to not need this hack.