quickly-talk team mailing list archive

QTQuick Template

Hi everybody,

after getting my feet wet with the strings review I've started working on the QTQuick
Template. But before this I would like to thank Didier because he's very supportive and
working here it's really awesome. :)

I prepared a first Alpha version starting from ubuntu-application template. You can find
the source code in bazaar (1) or if you prefer in a tarball (2). As you know, for test
it you have to copy it in the quickly-templates dir in your home.

This template depends from these packages:
 * qtcreator
 * python-pyside
 * qt4-qmlviewer

So you've to install it manually.

The new 'quickly design" command open qtcreator with all the /data/ui/*.qml files
It's provided already a .project file that make possible to test qml interface inside
qtcreator with the qmlviewer.

The provided project looks similar to the ubuntu-application main window with just a
fade effect clicking on the CoF and a simple example in the code showing how to set a
qml property from python. I don't know if make sense to make the sample bigger since
it's something that the users will erase and the qt documentation is very rich.

What's missing comparing to ubuntu-application template:
 - Help and tutorial
 - Preferences
 - Documentation
 - Tests

I've tryied with natty and it works quite good. With oneiric I've several issues (mostly
are just warnings in the shell, it works but it looks bad) that I haven't figure out
yet.

Btw, I would like your feedbacks in the meanwhile. ;)

(1) https://code.launchpad.net/~xdatap1/quickly/qtquick-template
(2) http://paolo.sammiche.li/quickly-templates/

Ciao!
--