quickly-talk team mailing list archive

Re: quickly package --extras creakes a unusable deb

Hey folks!  I just proposed my branch for merging.

https://code.launchpad.net/~mterry/quickly/extras/+merge/107104 <https://code.launchpad.net/%7Emterry/quickly/extras/+merge/107104>

I'd appreciate a code review by Tony or Didier so I can get this into trunk and then into an SRU. Also testing by folks in general would be good.

Now, this branch is focused exclusively on non-invasive changes to help with the SRU process. Specifically, that meant I only wanted to make changes to the --extras code path. So we add a lot of lines to debian/rules that could have been better done via upgrade.py changes to the user's code.

For 12.10, I think a follow-on goal to this branch is to stop polluting debian/rules and make the user's code more capable of being run from either /opt or /usr.

(Also note that this branch drops some old stuff we did for the ARB like the metadata in debian/control. Allison says it is no longer required as the MyApps portal does it for us.)

-mt