randgen team mailing list archive

Re: Issues with the replication grammars

On 01/19/11 11:39, Matthias Leich wrote:
Hi Philip,

Am 19.01.2011 09:50, schrieb Philip Stoev:

So, unless you have any other plans, I plan to spend some time helping
those tests produce more binlog events. This in turn means that the
changes I will push may cause any automated runs of those tests that you
currently have to start failing due to issues that are currently not
detected.

AFAIR there is some delay between the push of updated grammars to RQG
and their use in automatic runs. So we have a chance to detect and fix
such problems. John will know better,

Yes, there is a chance to detect issues before they reach the automated environment, but there is of course no guarantee. We don't use that many replication grammars in automated runs currently, so the impact won't be too heavy.

In general, changes to these grammars that will expose more issues than currently, as long as they are legitimate issues, will be a good thing.

Thank you for letting us know about these potential changes, Philip.

--
John