Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 19:05:18 +1000
Subject: Re: [Randgen] "Endless loop in grammar" Error in
From: roel.vandepaar@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: joel9001@xxxxxxxxxxx
CC: randgen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Joel,
Are you using Grammar Masking? Have a look at " Known issue with grammar masking " within;
https://github.com/RQG/RQG-Documentation/wiki/RandomQueryGeneratorGrammarMaskingAndRedefinition

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 6:50 AM, Joel Epstein <joel9001@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,
I am seeing this error while trying to run the partitions-99-range.yy grammar file:
Rule range_elem occured more than 3500 times. Possible endless loop in grammar. Aborting.

When I examine the grammar file, I can see that there are recursive calls from range_elem to range_list_elem_10 to range_list which could generate a large loop.  But it doesn't seem like it would be an endless loop.  Is there a setting on my system that could be preventing these expressions from evaluating within the grammar engine?

Thanks,
Joel