rapid-users team mailing list archive

Re: PTP cameras

Damon,

On Tue, 01 Sep 2009, Damon Lynch wrote:
> nick-launchpad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>> Anyway, that's more my problem: My questions related to
>> rapid-photo-downloader: How do you then import into Bibble 5? Do you
>> manually launch it, and use the File->Import and navigate to your
>> download location yourself? It doesn't appear to take any command line
>> arguments.

> I don't do anything fancy. My workflow is to download all the RAW images
> onto my laptop hard drive. I typically back them up onto two different
> external hard drives, when means when I process them in Bibble (taking
> images straight from the file system), I can delete with confidence,
> knowing that if I screw up, there are other copies. When I'm done batch
> processing them, the external drives are synced so images I wanted
> deleted permanently are removed. I then delete the RAW images off my
> laptop drive.  This is one reason why I have not bothered to keep a
> catalogue of images in Bibble -- my laptop drive is no where near big
> enough to hold the images. Perhaps when Bibble 5 is stable I will
> consider making a catalogue of images on my external drives.

Ah I see - I'm mostly considering Bibble 5 initially for the
catalogue. It seems better than using f-spot in this regard. I would
use f-spot only I think, but then I'd need to write some plugins to be
able to view two images side by side, and a few other things.

I see Bibble 4 has no catalogue, it uses the filesystem 'plan'. This
means you can't filter by keyword, and so on? But then you used to use
f-spot for that...

 Nick