rapid-users team mailing list archive

Re: Short camera model

Wesley Harp wrote:

Ok, so having read that, this seems like an oversight of that method. I have a Canon XSi (450D). The long name from the metadata is Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XSi. It has no numberic characters in the name, thus it doesn't have a "short name". That's where my confusion is coming from.

You have therefore identified a bug :) I didn't think through carefully enough the variety of camera names. There are two ways to deal with this problem. One is the remapping idea, which is unfortunately not trivial to code. The other is to make the algorithm more clever, in much the same way I look out for the occurrence of "Mark" in model names. For now, I'm very much inclined to do the latter. What are some other examples of model names that have no numbers?

I have made a bug report: https://bugs.launchpad.net/rapid/+bug/479424

Thanks
Damon

--