rednotebook-users team mailing list archive

Spell checking under Windows

Hello RNB-users,

I recently updated my portable RNB to version 1.7.1 and tried to get spell checking to work. I downloaded a german OpenOffice dictionary (dE_DE_frami) und extracted the .dic and .aff as described at the help file of RNB. After a restart of RNB there was still no sign of spell checking. The next steps were to rename the dictionaries (de_DE_frami.dic -> de_DE.dic -> de.dic), change the encoding (ANSI, Ansi as UTF-8 and UTF-8), try an expanded aspell dictionary and even copy the enchant dictionaries from Ubuntu. None of the described steps lead to success. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong, or is there a bug of RNB?

Thanks,
Michael