rednotebook-users team mailing list archive

Re: Command line options

Am 20.02.2013 21:29, schrieb Alistair Marshall:
On 18 February 2013 23:03, Jendrik Seipp <jendrikseipp@xxxxxx> wrote:
Am 18.02.2013 20:07, schrieb Alistair Marshall:

Having a look through the TODO and some of the wishlist items,
The TODO file and the wishlist items should be taken with a grain of salt.
Not everything in there should be implemented. Please make sure to open a
bugreport about the respective issue or discuss the implementation per mail
with me before starting to write a patch. It would be sorry if you work on a
feature and I couldn't include your work into RedNotebook e.g. if it doesn't
fit with the project's plans.

Not started anything yet

On the Optparse docs page it mentions that it is depreciated and
Argparse should be used. Would it be worth switching the parser whilst
adding the extra options?
We still want to support python2.6 and argparse was introduced in 2.7. If you'd like to convert the parser you should add the argparse module from https://code.google.com/p/argparse/ to the "external" dir and use an import like

try:
    import argparse
except ImportError:
    from rednotebook.external import argparse

Sooner or later we should definitely make the switch since argparse is much nicer to write and maintain.

Cheers,
Jendrik