rednotebook-users team mailing list archive

Re: Trouble developing on windows 7

No, I'm getting a slightly different error now though:

*Webkit was not found. It can be found in a package with the name
python-webkit or pywebkitgtk.
DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.*

The interesting point in this error message is the DLL load failure. I have
the installed Rednotebook on my PATH variable. I should probably look at
compiling pywebkitgtk on my version of Windows 7, but that looks
exceptionally involved. I'm going to have to go down the developing on
Ubuntu route I think... although I really can't be sure that my code is any
good, free of OS specific issues, unless I can try it out on both Linux and
Windows. I'm primiarly a Windows user, so building a Linux only feature
would be a real pain/waste.

- Matthew