rednotebook-users team mailing list archive

Re: Python 2.6 support (for EPEL 6)

On 01/06/2016 08:21 AM, Jendrik Seipp wrote:
[...]
> Hi Mike,
>
> it's great to hear that you're working on providing new rpm packages.
> Support for Python 2.6 has not been dropped, yet. However, this version
> is not really tested at the moment.
>
> Cheers,
> Jendrik

Thank you.

I built 1.11 in Copr for EPEL 6 and it appears to be working
successfully in my CentOS 6.7 test VM.

I'll probably suggest to the Fedora maintainer that we release 2
separate updates (like an Ubuntu SRU) to 1.11:
- 1 update for EPEL7, Fedora 22, and Fedora 23, which all have Python 2.7.
- A separate update for EPEL6, which only has Python 2.6.
This way, if a user finds a regression under EPEL 6, it won't block the
other releases from being updated.

-Mike