rednotebook team mailing list archive

Re: Features΄ suggestion

On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 19:10:49 +0300, MyO <a-ztech@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Then, I woulf very much like to be able to copy and paste
> annotations of any kind to another page (date).

IMO copy-pasting with Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V should be sufficient here.
What do you guys think?

It depends, I suspect. I myself would prefer copy/paste routines.
AnaMesa, can you give us an example when such feature would be really
helpful?

Copy-pasting is possible by selecting text in the middle part
of the page (Editing/Preview) and copy-pasting it to another
date.
But we cannot copy-paste the contents of a date (eg July 18th)
to another one (eg August 8th) *and* keeping the annotations of
the right pane (ie copy-pasting them automatically as well).
I would like to see such a feature implemented because I use
Rednotebook in a way that maybe is not intended initially, but
say I wish to continue developing some idea of a month ago, and
so I want to "merge" 3 pages of that month *together*
with their annotations (if possible merging their annotations)
and continue from this point. It would be helpful to do so
without so much work.
And we cannot copy-paste an annotation from one date to another
as a whole, or a set of annotations (eg all the annotations which
belong to a tag). For this to happen we have to (a) create a new
annotation of the same name at the desired date and (b) copy-paste
the contents of the original annotation to the new one.
I use annotations extensively, and some of them are recurring. So
this would help. Anyway, this is not a major feature request, the
"sub-cloud" request is something I value much more and would like
to see included in some future version of Rednotebook.

Thank you for your attention and sorry for the delayed answer,
was absent for a week and will be absent for a couple of weeks
as well.

AnaMesa