Re: Error configuring the library

Hi Didier,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm using Ubuntu 8.04 with a 2.6.24-24 Linux
kernel.

I actually saw your reply after devising the work around below:

Problem:

:~/rohc-1.1.0$ ./autogen.sh

> ./autogen.sh: 11: function: not found
> Building  ... done
> ./autogen.sh: 19: Syntax error: "}" unexpected

Solution:

1. Create and save a file 'build.sh' with the following:

        echo -n "Building '$1'... "
       eval "$2"
        if [ $? -ne 0 ] ; then
        echo "failed"
        exit 1
    fi
    echo "done"

2. Make 'build.sh' an executable file:
    $ chmod +x build.sh

3. Edit 'autogen.sh' to the following and save changes:

    #!/bin/sh
    # Script to generate all required files for `configure' when
    # starting from a fresh repository checkout.

    ACLOCAL="aclocal"
    AUTOCONF="autoconf"
    AUTOHEADER="autoheader"
    LIBTOOLIZE="libtoolize --automake"
    AUTOMAKE="automake -a -c --foreign"

    # Clean up old files which could hurt otherwise.
    rm -f config.cache config.log config.status

    # Generate `aclocal.m4'.
    rm -f aclocal.m4
    ./build.sh "aclocal.m4" "$ACLOCAL"

    # Generate `config.h.in'.
    ./build.sh "config.h.in" "$AUTOHEADER"

    # Generate `configure' from `configure.ac'.
    ./build.sh "configure" "$AUTOCONF"

    # Generate `ltmain.sh'.
    ./build.sh "ltmain.sh" "$LIBTOOLIZE"

    # Generate `stamp-h1' and all `Makefile.in' files.
    rm -f stamp-h1
    ./build.sh "Makefile templates" "$AUTOMAKE"

    echo
    echo "Run './configure ; make'"
    echo

4. Make autogen.sh an executable file: