Re: New IP/ROHC application! (Was: Re: Ethernet Transport app for ROHC pkts)

Hello,

>I started looking at your iprohc application but brief introduction in
>README did not answer all my doubts. Please can you help explain how
>ROHC
>compressor/decompressor behavior is implemented in terms of
>client/server.

Clients and server create one ROHC compressor and one ROHC decompressor each. The ROHC parameters (CID type, MAX_CID, ...) are negotiated over one TCP connection at tunnel establishment. The TCP connection is then not used anymore. The ROHC packets are transmitted over one UDP stream to the other side. Clients and server interface with the local IP stack with TUN virtual network interfaces. From a ROHC point of view, the clients and server behave the same way.