Re: [SPAM] Re: [SPAM] Fwd: Use of SchoolTool Logo

04.10.2010 22:26, Tom Hoffman kirjoitti:

But ultimately, we very much want commercial redistribution of SchoolTool. It is a fundamental goal of the project, and the GPL provides us with ample protection. We certainly don't want to frustrate vendor participation by coming up with additional nitpicks.
OK. I stand corrected in this question. My point was simply that I have some experiences on companies that have not understood what GPL is all about and this has led to problems. I agree that a commercial redistribution is a very good thing per se. Just forget my nagging and go on with it!

Also, they don't have to mention they're using SchoolTool, as long as they follow the GPL, they can completely rebrand SchoolTool however they want. Using our logo is advertising for our project. It is helpful.
Yes - agree.

/elias