Re: Intervention refactoring

On 03/07/2011 08:36 AM, Alan Elkner wrote:
Hey Justas,

I got the first part of the intervention refactoring done with
changing everything to use adapters.  I did the adaptation from the
various intervention objects to IPerson to replace the student
property as we discussed, but I also replaced the many helper methods
for acquiring the intervention objects with adapters as well.  It
makes the code a lot cleaner.  I also broke out all the adapters from
intervention.py into a new file called adapters.py to make it easier
to find/scroll the code.  I'm taking your sprint suggestion to heart
about splitting files up when convenient.

Could you please give my branch,
lp:~aelkner/schooltool.intervention/test_coverage, a look for the
upcoming meeting?  I'd ready to move onto the next part which is
replacing the ids with relationships to contacts, that is, unless you
think I have any unfinished business with the adapter part.
  Took a brief look, it looks great.

  Few small notes:

Maybe it makes sense to write adapters to IContact directly for some intervention objects? I noticed some repetition of IContact(IPerson(some_context)). If you tend to use those a lot, then it may make sense to have, say, IContact(intervention_goal).

In src/schooltool/intervention/browser/intervention.py, line 115, cell_formatter, there's a new comment:
# need to auto-vivyfy because we give the user a link to it

I'd say it even deserves an "XXX: " - checking+creation should definitely not be done in a method that formats url for representation. Thanks for noticing! :)

Keep up the good work!
Justas