Re: Gradebook popup menu

On 05/31/2011 07:29 AM, Douglas Cerna wrote:
--- On Mon, 5/30/11, Alan Elkner<aelkner@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

It's still a work in progress.  I kind of hacked the
part where the menu's top and left attributes are set based
on the screenX and screenY attributes of the event, and the
menu seems to come up close to where the user clicks,
but I'm not sure it's the right way to code
it.  If anyone has a better idea, please let me know.
Sorry that I don't have a better idea right now, but I'm pretty sure screenX and screenY are not the way to go here because they're relative coordinates. Look at the attached image. That happens if your window is not maximized when you click the link.

Positioning with JS is kind of evil. I think it can be done in pure css, see attached.

I'm totally ok with display/hide with JS, as IE is kind enough to *ignore* :hover here and there.

Cheers,
Justas