From: SID S. <sid.s.bkk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 1:10 PM
Subject: Multiple instance of schooltool behind Apache
To: Tom Hoffman <tom.hoffman@xxxxxxxxx>

Dear TH,
This is my current scenario. I am unable to access my site behind
7080. My campus admin has blocked these ports. So I was trying to
setup apache mod_rewrite. So far did not succeed. I did look at this
link:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/schooltool/+bug/259415
Any more detailed instruction?
I also plan to have more instances of schooltool on the same server.
Which means I will have multiple subdomains pointing to this server.
And I will have Apache multiple virtuual Host with Rewrite directive.
But I am stuck in the 1st setup.
At present I have 2 sites enabled in apache: one is default (just
apache site with no rewrite). which is working fine. But if I enable
the 2nd virtual host, which actually points to schooltool, I get
Forbidden error.
My code for 2nd virtualhost is
<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName sis.jaansi.com
    RewriteEngine on
    RewriteRule ^/(.*)
http://122.248.246.43:7080/++vh++http:sis.jaansi.com:80/++/$1 [P]
    <Location />
        Order deny,allow
        Allow from all
    </Location>
</VirtualHost>
And code for default site is
<VirtualHost *:80>
        ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost
        DocumentRoot /var/www
        <Directory />
                Options FollowSymLinks
                AllowOverride None
        </Directory>
        <Directory /var/www/>
                AllowOverride all
                Order allow,deny
                allow from all
        </Directory>
        ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/
        <Directory "/usr/lib/cgi-bin">
                AllowOverride None
                Options +ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
                Order allow,deny
                Allow from all
        </Directory>

Looking forward to some help.