Re: i18n status

2011/10/2 Douglas Cerna <douglascerna@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hey everybody.
>
> I just committed revision 3148 of lp:schooltool/flourish with the following changes:
>
> * Added flourish instance configuration to common/translations.zcml to extract strings from flourish.zcml files
> * Added title MessageIDs for IViewletDirective and IContentDirective

I have changed the directives to use MessageID, but nothing
happened... But I forgot to include flourish.zcml files! Thank you!

> * Updated locales/*.po files

You should not have committed this. You have not done anything to
those *.po files, but now there is a huge diff for no reason. I have a
lot of pain merging translations between branches. If I were to update
translations on trunk and merge it to flourish, I would get thousands
of conflicts. Please do not use `make update-translations`. To update
your translation with new strings, do::

  msgmerge es_SV.po schooltool.pot -o es_SV.po.new

Moreover, it was in the same commit that had an important change. This
way the change gets lost between thousands of unrelated changes.

> * Finished es-sv translation
>
> It's now possible to extract all the strings from the flourish skin (AFAICT!).

I have been testing every page to check that all of them are
translatable, and looked to me that the missing strings are all
flourish viewlet titles. So should be everything now :)

> Gediminas, could you please review this change and make sure it's right? As usual, feel free to revert whatever you think is necessary :)

Yes, I have uncommitted this change, reverted locales/*.po, and
committed in three parts. Douglas has to `bzr pull --overwrite`, and I
hope others have not pulled/merged it yet.

> BTW, I finished the es-sv translations in Rosetta for core and the plugins. I updated the es_SV.po file in core after this change (which generates a lot more strings) and now I'll update/translate the strings for the plugins again.

I see you have done `make update-translations` in plugins, too :(

--
Gediminas