From: Zhang Weiwu <zhangweiwu@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tom Hoffman <tom.hoffman@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: schooltoolers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, March 9, 2010 3:19:40 AM
Subject: Re: [Schooltoolers] Find out what sections the student is in, was in  or going to be in

Tom Hoffman 写道:
> One perennial question is: how should sections be identified?  What
> information is most relevant depends on the point of view of the
> reader -- for example, the name of the teacher and subject may be very
> relevant to everyone other than the teacher, but for the teacher,
> seeing five sections labeled "Hoffman - English 9, Fall 2010" is not
> helpful.  The teacher would rather just see "8:30," "9:30," etc.
>
> Any thoughts on this?

Hi. Shallow opinions I do have, but "thoughts" are only after I know the
tool:)

I can describe our case, to add to the question (but not answer). In our
case, the sections are identified by the location, they always gather
together in the same room. But a teacher is a bad identifier of a
section, because we often have many teachers teaching the same course
for the same section, up to five. Thus here the section names are very
long. In case they are identified by room, both teachers and students
would be pleased.