scratch team mailing list archive

PA

I have exhausted all my ideas except the possibility that the ALSA layer
is re-sampling and so causing the stuttering. Re-sampling can occur if
the requested sampling rate is not supported by the hw. I doubt that is
the case and even if it is then it would be machine specific.

Amos previously wrote:

>Incidentally on my machine (9.10), using the version of the plugin that
>ships with the Scratch package (with latest PA updates) I don't get any
>stuttering on playback - although I did when I tried the plugin with the
>Squeak-vm submitted to Debian recently.

I cannot find the source code for the version shipping with the Scratch
package and in which playback at least is ok. There does not appear to
be a copy of it on Assembla and the revision log is incomplete (link
below). If I compile & strip the versions I have here, including the one
from trunk/deb, then the resulting binary file is a difference size. If
anyone has a copy of the source then it may help solve the recording
problem on PA. In any event I have started working on a GSt based
plugin. If I get anything working before the 18th I will let you know.

Revision log on Assembla:
http://code.assembla.com/scratchonlinux/subversion/node/logs/scratch/Plugins/vm-sound-PA?rev=33

-D