scratch team mailing list archive

Re: miry approved by amos-scratch

Miriam,

This is great! I was under the impression that there were issues with the pre-packaged squeak-vm on Ubuntu that prevented us from using it. This kept us from solving the 64 bit packaging problem.

I plan to test your package out soon but am a bit swamped at the moment -- have you found any problems? If it all works , I'm inclined to commit your packaging changes to the assembla repository and rebuild an "official" package based on your code. We would maintain it. You haven't made any changes to the Squeak code, right - just the packaging?

One thing to rule out first: Squeak changed some sound primitives in later versions of the VM that should break sound in current versions of Scratch. Not sure exactly how - maybe a pink box, or maybe it'll crash. But if you are using updated VMs, we should test sound thoroughly.

-Amos