Re: [Question #143226]: Interest in an Open Source Java Automation Framework

Tsung-Hsiang Chang posted a new comment:
Sounds interesting. Can you give more details on how the API of your
framework looks like?

Actually we are working on an extension framework in Sikuli Script so
developers and hackers can easily build libraries on top of Sikuli. The
extension framework will released with X1.0-RC2. You are very welcome to
develop this testing framework as a Sikuli extension.

I notice some features you mentioned are already in Sikuli or under development. For example, the remote image library is supported in X 1.0-RC1. You can add a URL with addImagePath, so Sikuli will try to fetch all images from that URL. With this technique, you can switch between different (local/remote) image libraries without modifying each images in the script.
Screenshot logging is a planned feature. So you don't really need to implement it.

We really want to see more libraries/frameworks are developed based on
Sikuli. If you feel you are doing something that should be built into
the Sikuli core, just let us know and read this document
http://sikuli.org/docx/contributing.html to learn how to submit patches.