Re: [Question #144310]: type(somekey, KEY_META) inconsistent

yarko gave more information on the question:
Raiman -

That's a reasonable guess, but unfortunately (or fortunately) wrong:

If doesn't matter if I open firefox (I renamed to firefox3, so no difference),  safari, or chrome.
The behavior I see is this:
- the browser opens;
- nothing is "typed" / "pasted"
- I kill the browser;   sikuli-ide shows (now) as current app, but still hidden.
- I META-Q sikuli-ide, and get a dialog saying "unsaved changes".
- If I "cancel" - there is some recovery problem, as keyboard input is now NOT connected to the sikuli-ide

I assume on Mac, /Applications/Sikuli-IDE.app/sikuli-ide.sh  is what is run, so I have tried to modify, run with
/Applications/Sikuli-IDE.app/Contents/MacOS/JavaApplicationStub64
in place of
/Applications/Sikuli-IDE.app/Contents/MacOS/JavaApplicationStub
and that doesn't change behavior.

I've noticed this post by Catherine Devlin:

http://catherinedevlin.blogspot.com/2010/09/pdb-with-sikuli.html

... but this needs some modifications for debugging on the "mac
install".

Like I said before, if you can give me a quick pointer to help debug, that would be helpful.
I can sort it out myself, or build from the tree (eventually) - but, alas, I'm trying to solve something
else, which I'm hoping to be able to use sikuli for!

BTW - wherever implemented, I will want to run on multiple O/S's (mostly
Mac & Win) - and so far, I have also noticed that the "executable" ...
well, isn't: to run on Windows, I need to install the windows sikuli,
and also if I try to run in ViMWare (windows, running in virtual
environment on mac) - it doesn't seem to work (last night, any run took
me to the login screen), but that's a different debugging effort.

Regards,
Yarko