[Question #171701]: What is expected behavior with onAppear handlers

To drive a Microsoft Visual Studio debug session, I did the following:

onAppear("BP1.png", BP1Handler) # Visual Studio stops at first breakpoint
observe()
type(Key.F5)
onAppear("BP2.png", BP2Handler)
observe()
type(Key.F5)

there are about 10 onAppear/observe pairs.

At the end of each handler, I have event.region.stopObserver().  Before that, I am looking at the contents of various Visual Studio views to make sure the contents are correct given the breakpoint.

My question is: how do I disable a handler.

I'm finding that after calling onAppear("BP2.png", BP2Handler), if BP1.png can still be found on the screen by the second observe(), then BP1Handler is getting called again, which doesn't make sense, since it does actions based on the specific breakpoint location.  Being able to disable the handler would be great.