Re: [Question #186663]: iOS Simulator: Test Cases run super slow on Simulator --- Toggle Slow Animations

RaiMan posted a new comment:
--- Something makes Sikuli switch to Slow motion
Your "Slow Motion" issue in your automated iOS simulator has nothing to do with Sikuli. Since Sikuli only simulates mouse and keyboard actions, that otherwise have to be done manually and in no other way interacts with the GUI, this must have other reasons.
And looking into the net, I got the impression, that there are situations (some have known reasons, some have not) that the simulator switches into slow animation mode by itself.

--- the whole idea of automation is have it run by itself and without supervision and review what failed.
Yes that is the idea. But to let it come to reality, it needs an automation workflow, that is robust. And this is the responsibility of the workflow scripter. Sikuli has many features to do that. Just having a sequence of clicks and types normally is only sufficient for small things.
Example: I made a really robust and tricky workflow with parallel observes, that I use in my daily work (about 150 lines of code). It automates a web interface and runs fine on all of my different machines. Yesterday I wanted to show it at a friend's home, but it did not work because of his lousy slow internet connection. I had the waiting times in my script all set to 20 seconds, but that was not enough in this case. So I have to admit finally: my script is still not robust enough and this is my fault.

--- I believe that you need to do more investigations having Lion OS.
I my self use Lion in my daily work. I have no problems with Sikuli (or Lion at all). I know, that the developers use Macs themselves. I do not think, that there are any special things together with Lion, that have to be investigated specially.