Re: [Question #209853]: Is Sikuli development dead or what?

RaiMan posted a new comment:
@ Michael
--- surprised that more people are not contributing.
Over the last 2 -3 years many people have indeed contributed, by asking questions and requesting new or revised features. Many bugs have been revealed by people, who did not stop at the first problem, but tried to find workarounds. This now really helps me on my way, to revise and optimize the Sikuli X 1.0.

Contributing on the code level was really very complex, since the code
internally is not well structured and poorly documented. It was really
hard to find a place to add a feature or propose a fix, because you
would never know, how it might influence other areas, after having had
much effort, to first find the place, where you could add something or
fix it.

And with a software like this, it is a hard job, to assure, that a fix
works across windows/mac/linux.

I am on a good  way to restructure the whole stuff and add documentation
on the code level (javadocs). And I will try to revive the extension
feature, so it allows to easily add new functions and/or extend existing
ones, without having to rebuild the whole system.

It might be easier for people to contribute on a plugin/addon level
based on some rules/interfaces without needing to know, how it really
works internally.

I am in contact with the developers on all this and Tom has already made the first steps in a new direction (new Sikuli written completely in Java).
There is a new online umbrella for both versions (Sikuli Script (Sikuli X-1.0) and the new Sikuli Java API)
http://lab.sikuli.org
and the homepage for Sikuli Script (still http://sikuli.org) has been renewed.

If you want to watch my own work: https://github.com/RaiMan/Sikuli12.11