Re: [Question #399331]: ffmpeg libraries libavcodec.so.56, 'libavutil.so.55: cannot open shared object file'

cheesy posted a new comment:
After a more thorough examination I noticed that all versions for
libraries in ffmpeg increment at the same time. This is perfectly
understandable, but it leaves the two libraries above in separate
versions of ffmpeg. Arch will only allow one version of a given package
at a time, so I finally discovered the separate package ffmpeg2.8, which
provides the older libavcodec.so.56. Since ffmpeg is still installed
with libavcodec.so.55, my dependencies are now satisfied. If this
solution is helpful to anyone then happy coding!