Re: [Question #666773]: How to get on the road as a newcomer to Java programming

RaiMan posted a new comment:
-  there is no continuous increase or decrease,
This is how the GC works: completely asynchronous and unpredictable within the given ranges. As I understand: it tries to work, when cpu usage allows it.

- time varies between 3 and up to 40 ms
no idea - I think you have to live with that (might be caused by my internal basic threading implementation)

You might dive into and implement your own parallel find, that tries to
reuse resources as much as possible.

Generally: since your loop mainly is searching images, it is mostly
number crunching leading to a very high cpu usage. If other processes on
the machine consume CPU, this will influence your loop timing of course.