[Question #689265]: input text field into pop-up box

Hi there,

It works, when I have my password pre-populated in the script itself.  But I plan to share my script with my pals as an exe, and they each have a different password (obviously).

so the issue is:  Instead of pre-populating the password text in the script, I'd like to input that filed into the pop-up box which comes up during the running of script, by using a locally stored text file (or any file).

PS: I tried the solution provided in https://answers.launchpad.net/sikuli/+question/204153, but inserting the below snippet at line3 (by replacing my original line Type ("xxxxx").  I get an error.

*** working script:

click( screenshot )
click (Screenshot)
type("xxxxxx")
click (screenshot)
wait(2)
click(Screenshot)

*** Script to replace pre-populated password line
click( screenshot )
click (Screenshot)

import ConfigParser
config = ConfigParser.ConfigParser()
config.read('config.ini')
password = config.get('user1','password')

click (screenshot)
wait(2)
click(Screenshot)

>>config.ini file