sloecode-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Sloecode 1.0 release candidate

Hi,

On 28 June 2011 04:13, Adrien Saladin <adrien.saladin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm currently using an old version of sloecode at home and willing to
> install a more recent version at our lab. We are not using ubuntu (debian
> only) so I can't try the ppa part, only the bzr branch.

I believe others are using the PPA from debian, so it may pay to give
that a try. It would certainly make your life easier, as the debian
pakage resolves database schema upgrades for you automatically,
whereas the developer bazaar branch will not.

> I'm also looking for tips for updating my old version. Since there are only
> two users, I can create a new database from scratch, including users ssh
> keys.  How about existing branches ? Should we push local copies of the old
> server branches to the new server ? Can I just use the same directory
> 'bzr_root' with the existing content in it ?

Both are good ideas. You should be able to just copy the folders to
the new location without any problems. You will have to make sure that
you copy the folders *after* you create the user accounts (that is, if
you're creating the user accounts through the web interface, as
opposed to just creating the rows in the database).

Let me know if you have any issues - cheers,

Cheers,