sloecode-dev team mailing list archive

Re: error when trying my first push or branch

OK, it seems like we're getting somewhere identifying what's wrong.

First off, the smartserver is running.

On 06/01/12 12:09, Thomi Richards wrote:
> The bzr smart server talks to the main web-app via an XMLRPC interface.
> It looks to me like the XMLRPC communication isn't working for some
> reason. What happens when you try and point a web browser at the /xmlrpc
> url? You won't get anything useful in the browser, but it might help
> narrow down the issue. YTou can test the interface easily from a python
> terminal:
>

> In [1]: import xmlrpclib
> In [2]: s = xmlrpclib.Server('http://localhost:5000/xmlrpc')
> In [3]: s.getKeysForUser('admin')
> Out[3]: {'admin': []}

Now, I'm getting a "connection refused" on the getKeysForUser() call.
Also a not very PEP8-ish method name, but I think that's due to the RPC
which is not Python specific, but intended to be language agnostic. For
the output, see below:

>>> import xmlrpclib
>>> s = xmlrpclib.Server('http://localhost:5000/xmlrpc')
>>> s.getKeysForUser('admin')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/xmlrpclib.py", line 1199, in __call__
    return self.__send(self.__name, args)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/xmlrpclib.py", line 1489, in __request
    verbose=self.__verbose
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/xmlrpclib.py", line 1235, in request
    self.send_content(h, request_body)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/xmlrpclib.py", line 1349, in send_content
    connection.endheaders()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/httplib.py", line 908, in endheaders
    self._send_output()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/httplib.py", line 780, in _send_output
    self.send(msg)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/httplib.py", line 739, in send
    self.connect()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/httplib.py", line 720, in connect
    self.timeout)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/socket.py", line 561, in create_connection
    raise error, msg
socket.error: [Errno 111] Connection refused

> I've fixed a few of your other bugs today - they'll be in the daily
> builds PPA when trunk is next built (usually with in 24 hours). If
> you're using the stable PPA then you'll need to wait until we release 1.1 ;)

Already seen the mails. I guess I'll need to switch repos then, or pull
in the .deb one off and keep it at the stable repo.

Guy

--
Guy K. Kloss
School of Computing + Mathematical Sciences