sloecode-dev team mailing list archive

Re: error when trying my first push or branch

On 09/01/12 09:59, Guy K. Kloss wrote:
> [...]

On this one, I've checked the configuration. I could nowhere find
anything on port 5000 configured. Is it possible, that this XML-RPC is
served up through the same WSGI application? The configuration in the
current development PPA has indicated that the XML-RPC is served through
the same HTTP port.

Anyway, I have altered the Python snippet from your mail to point at a
different server:

>>> s = xmlrpclib.Server('http://localhost/sc/xmlrpc')
>>> s.getKeysForUser('admin')
{'admin': []}

And bang, it seems to work!!!

This seems to me as if we need to take at least one of these actions:

* Add a reverse proxy rule to my Apache mod_wsgi configuration to fix
  the /xmlrpc/ rooting requests to /sc/xmlrpc/

* Enhance the URL mapping capabilities inside Sloecode so that the
  *Python* code (not just the HTML templates and CSS) will work cleanly
  with different deployment scenarios.

* Reconfigure the xmlrpc_auth_endpoint in production.ini

I've tried *just* the last one, but it doesn't seem sufficient.

Guy

--
Guy K. Kloss
School of Computing + Mathematical Sciences