software-store-developers team mailing list archive

Re: Modify/Delete Review Functionality

Hi Aaron,

First of all, thanks for all the work you're doing on reviews - it's really
quite awesome!

I've had a quick look at the screenshots and my general impression is that
there is probably a bit more ui than is required. I aren't aware of all the
technical limitations to the ui, but here's a quick suggestion as to how
this could be implemented ui-wise:

The 'inappropriate?' button in the bottom right of the review is not really
relevant to your own reviews once edit-delete is implemented. We could
replace this with two buttons of a similar style, namely 'delete' and 'edit'
(with 'delete' being the inner button).
This has as advantages:
- the action buttons are visibly close to the review that they act upon,
- the action buttons are disjoint, ie we have one button per action (this
eliminates the need to further specify your action in the popup dialog).
It would also be nice if the 'delete' action acted without any dialog ui
(unless you aren't currently signed in) - the 'edit' button can just open
the standard submit_review dialog but with prepopulated values.

This is just an idea, so feel free to mix it with other ideas, or do
something completely different.

Cheers,
Peter