software-store-developers team mailing list archive

Re: Modify/Delete Review Functionality

Hi all!

Coolies we are using the mailing list.

My thoughts on this are that the inappropriate link does not need to be
visible all the time for all the reviews in the list.  Only when the review
is hovered could the inappropriate link display.  If we go this route it
means we can have more buttons in the footer, because they wont create as
much visual noise.  I've seen this behavior in a few blog comment views as
well.

We could have edit and delete buttons available for the author of the review
that display onhover, or perhaps these could always be visible for a user
viewing their own review?

Clicking delete could take you to a simple prompt: "Are you sure you want to
delete your review" Yes|No

Clicking edit could take you to the normal submit review dialog with
language changed to reflect the fact they wish to edit their comments.

Also i've attached some scrawls for your perusal.

With editing, though, i wonder about the scope we are to allow.  What are we
designing for?  Do we let the user change their review wholesale: title,
rating and comments, or just tweak comments.  Maybe this should be clarified
first?

Matt